Export to Outlook | Export to iCal
PHTLS Hybrid Course
The Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) Hybrid course is designed for healthcare providers who provide pre-hospital trauma care such as EMS or Fire or serve as an integral part of a hospital based trauma care team.
The focus of this program is to enhance and reinforce important concepts, including:
- Identifying the kinematics related to trauma and how they impact pre-hospital care
- Reinforce and enhance good trauma assessment skills
- Reinforce basic and advanced airway management skills
- How to appropriately assess patients with suspected multi systems trauma including scene treatment, packaging and transport
- Effective resuscitative team dynamics
- How to effectively extricate trauma victims from and automobile
- Reinforce and enhance skills relating to splinting, back boarding and packaging trauma victims
- Learn key concepts related to dealing with pediatric and geriatric victims
In addition, students will have an opportunity to work in learning stations while improving essential skills using guided step by step instructor lead hands-on practice. The training environment is stress free and designed to help facilitate learning through group participation.
NOTE: This is a HYBRID course meaning there is an online component that consists of several modules and a written test that MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR to the date of class. You MUST bring the completion certificate to class or you will not be allowed to participate in the practical testing. The practical portion will be completed in the classroom on the advertised date of class. Please note that the final test is not based only on the information found in the online modules, the book materials must be studied as well to increase the likelihood of a successful completion.
To register for the PHTLS skills check off portion of the course, click here:
To purchase your PHTLS hybrid materials click on the link below.