Critical care paramedic program
Our Critical Care Paramedic Program will allow you to be eligible to become a Tennessee licensed Critical Care Paramedic.
This course has been approved by the State of Tennessee, Office of EMS Board. LIFE FORCE is now recognized by the State of Tennessee, Office of EMS as an official training institution to provide this critical care paramedic training. Students that attend our program will be eligible to be licensed as a Critical Care Paramedic in the State of Tennessee upon successful completion.
The class consists of more than 160 hours. These hours are combined between clinical and classroom hours. In addition to the classroom instruction, each student is required to complete clinical rotations. One of those clinical rotations will be flying with LIFE FORCE. The other clinical rotations will be with various departments within the hospital.
Applicants will be required to participate in a screening process which will include an entrance exam and interview process. Class size is limited.
Minimum Requirements to Apply:
- Two years as an advanced practice provider
- Licensed as a paramedic in Tennessee
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Course (PHTLS or ITLS)
All classes will meet each Wednesday from 09:00 AM till 17:00 PM EST unless otherwise noted. All classes will meet in the LIFE FORCE Conference Room located on the 4th floor of the parking garage at the LIFE FORCE Hangar Complex.
- Only one class will be held each year.
- The class will meet each Wednesday starting March 15, 2023. You will be contacted after you apply (and meet the minimum requirements and qualifications) with instructions for the interview and testing.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 3, 2023
- COURSE END DATE: Late June 2023
- State Board Exam testing date: TBD
- You must complete the following before you will be considered for a candidate:
- Once you submit this online form, you will be emailed a paper form that you can complete and send in all of the course requirements.
- Provide a letter of recommendation / support from your employer along with your most recent resume or curriculum vitae. Submit these documents via email to [email protected]
- Interview with the selection committee.
- Verify you meet the minimum requirement.
- Interviews and testing will be held at our Education / Conference Room on mid February 2023.
- On the date of the testing / interview, please allow 2 hours for the entrance exam and an hour for the interview process.
Please complete the application below:
Critical Care Paramedic Course Application
Required fields indicated with *